Clinics & Services
In addition to general medical consultations we are pleased to be able to provide specialist clinics and services covering the following areas:
- Ante-Natal Checks - appointments with the midwife on a Thursday morning.
- Asthma Checks - our asthma-trained nurses see patients any time during nurses hours.
- COPD - We have a specialist Nurse who runs clinics in the Practice.
- Baby Clinic -
Thursday afternoon - screening by appointment
- Breast Awareness - appointments with nurse in the first instance.
- Cervical Smears - by appointment anytime during nurses hours.
- Diabetic Clinic - held on a regular basis (appointments will be sent to you).
- Family Planning - contraception advice can be given by the practice nurse. For coil fittings please book an initial appointment with Dr Ruthven or Dr Tharayil
- Coronary Heart Disease - clinics run by our own practice nurse.
- Keep Well Clinics/Hearty Lives - run by our own practice nurses.
- Minor Surgery - patients should see Dr La Hay first for an assessment. Minor surgical procedures are carried out in the treatment room by arrangement.
- Over 75’s - patients in this age group who do not have any chronic disease(s) will be invited to attend our practice nurse for annual review.
- Well Woman and Well Man Clinics - appointments with the nurse.
- Alcohol Counselling